Rachel Nicholson - Grey Mug with Stripes
• Oil on board
• Signed, Titled, dated and size to backboard
• A very rare painting from Rachel Nicholson's first London show at The Montpelier Studio, June 1980 where her father Ben Nicholson declared "I had never realised she could paint so well. I would have been happy to have painted that one myself."
• In original frame from 1980 exhibition.
• Due to age, there is a small amount of marks on wooden frame - please see photo.
• Painting - 29cm x 25cm, With Frame - 43cm x 38cm
Cornish based daughter of two of the giants of Modern British Art, Barbara Hepworth & Ben Nicolson, with her own independently recognised artistic reputation.