Will Wright - Buzz Series
- Linocut relief prints with traditional relief inks on handmade papers: Somerset Velvet 300gsm, Saunders Waterford 300 gsm, Stonehenge Aqua 300 gsm, Khadi 30gsm and 300gsm card stock. Some hand finished with POSCA markers.
- Each piece unique - Due to this each print may vary to photos
- Signed, numbered and dated
- Roughly 15cm x 19cm (Unframed)
- Framing Available, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after your order, to start your bespoke framing consultation.
'Buzz' is a cat design with links to Freya (Freyja: Norse) the venerated female shaman who taught Woden, Seidh (trance magick) The image was taken from a cat skull discovered in the forest near the artists home. Only a single vertebrae remained, with no sign of a body. There had been reports of cat killings in the area and one can only guess at this feline's grisly demise. Once brought home, 'Buzz' was offered a ritualistic meal, cleaned up and now rests as part of a altar/shrine in the artist home. He is honoured by this print design.
Will Wright is a contemporary British artist, filmmaker and activist.
Growing up amongst his father's print business, ink was in his blood from a very early age: experimenting with letraset, markers and ink, as a child.
Influences such as 2000AD comic book, Trash VHS video tapes and Electro Hip Hop led Will on to directing music videos with notorious metal band Cradle of Filth, British action star Ed Skrein (Deadpool, Game of Thrones) and a host of UK talent. Art activism and esoteric study has led Will back to fine art with work that draws upon his wealth of experience.
His artwork incorporates symbolism derived from ancient spirituality, Northern European folklore and mythology within a distinctly urban context: Atomiser replaces spray can, tags become sigils and throw ups as shrines.