Will Wright - MIMIR Series
- Linocut relief prints with traditional relief inks on handmade Khadi 30gsm paper, wove paper and gloss finish paper. Select works on Somerset Satin 300 gsm Saunders Waterford 300 gsm and Stonehenge Aqua 300 gsm. Some hand finished with POSCA markers.
- Each piece unique - Due to this each print may vary to photos
- Signed, numbered and dated
- Roughly 26cm x 19cm (Unframed)
- Framing Available, please e-mail email@example.com after your order, to start your bespoke framing consultation.
Will Wright is a contemporary British artist, filmmaker and activist.
Growing up amongst his father's print business, ink was in his blood from a very early age: experimenting with letraset, markers and ink, as a child.
Influences such as 2000AD comic book, Trash VHS video tapes and Electro Hip Hop led Will on to directing music videos with notorious metal band Cradle of Filth, British action star Ed Skrein (Deadpool, Game of Thrones) and a host of UK talent. Art activism and esoteric study has led Will back to fine art with work that draws upon his wealth of experience.
His artwork incorporates symbolism derived from ancient spirituality, Northern European folklore and mythology within a distinctly urban context: Atomiser replaces spray can, tags become sigils and throw ups as shrines.